Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
We had a wonderful week. It was great to hear lots of adults and children in the playground greeting each other in Tongan.
- We kicked off the week on day 1 with a list of greetings for the teachers to use in their classrooms.
- Then on day 2 the children presented each class with a counting poster The children had made these posters using Kid Pix.
- On day 3 the children gave each classroom a ‘Tongan Colours Poster’ that we had made using our own photos.
- Day 4 the children gave the classroom teachers some more classroom instructions to learn.
- On day 5 each class was given a list of classroom objects.
The Tongan children all loved being teachers for the week and can’t wait to do it all again next year.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
Today was the first day of 'Tongan Language Week'. The children took the first page of their booklet around to all the teachers. Then they helped them too say the words in Tongan. It was fun hearing all the teachers in the playground using the Tongan greetings they had learnt. Tomorrow we will hand out page 2 and some counting posters.