Thursday, June 3, 2010

Samoan Language Week: Teaching the Teachers

Tasi and Line check out the teachers' Samoan Workbook

The Samoan children have had a busy week, teaching the teachers at our school some Samoan words and phrases. We think that these children are all wonderful teachers and thank them for the enthusiasm they have put into this task. Well done Faalagi, Fili, Peiai, Miracle, Venus, Izaia, Dupri, Jeremy, Utu, Tasi and Line. We are all very proud of you.
Miracle, Tasi and Line help Mrs Barr learn her Samoan numbers

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just found your blog and am loving it. I am an ESOL teacher in Gisborne, New Zealand and I'm keen to get my students blogging in a similar style to yours. You guys are an inspiration to me. Thank you. Jackie Dodd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback Jackie. Perhaps we can become 'Blogger Buddies' when you get started. Our children would love to have some Gisborne pals. Our email is addingtonesol.gmail.com Perhaps we could share some resources.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I am Mrs Maidment from the Ministry of Education ESOL team. I have just been looking at your wonderful blog and am looking forward to reading more. I really like the idea of you teaching the teachers some Samoan words and phrases. Congratulations to you and your teacher on such great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your very kind comments. Blogs are such an excellent way to share what the children have been learning with both their own families and the wider ESOL community.

    ReplyDelete