Friday, April 24, 2015

Peace at Last - Green Hat Thinking

This week we read the book 'Peace at Last'.  We felt really sorry for father bear so we put on our green thinking hats to come up with some ideas for helping him.


Dear Mr Bear

Yesterday we read your book ‘Peace at Last’. We are very sorry that you couldn’t get to sleep.

We put on our ‘green thinking hats’ to come up with some ways that you could get to sleep when it is noisy.
  • Maybe you could wake mum up and say, “Stop snoring”.
  • Roll Mrs Bear over.
  • You could just sleep, stay in bed in the morning.
  • You could close your ears.
  • You could make some noise so that the owls go into their houses.
  • You could cover your ears.
  • Sing a song to baby bear until he goes to sleep.
  • Why don’t you get up and watch a movie until your eyes fall asleep.
  • Mr Bear, you should go to your room and tell Mrs Bear to stop snoring.
From 
The English Language Learners, Addington School

We received a letter from Mr Bear.



We posted Mr Bear our ideas and were very surprised to receive a letter back from Mr Bear. Here is our reply from Mr Bear.

Dear ELL Students at Addington School,

It was so great to hear from you. Thank you for the great ideas and solutions to the problems I have been having getting to sleep lately.

I have tried some of your suggestions and let me explain how they went......

You said to try rolling Mrs Bear over. I tried this, but Mrs Bear accidentally fell out of bed!!!!! She was not very impressed with me.

You said  to just stay in bed in the morning. I wish I could, but I have to get up to go to work at 6:30am and if I didn’t go, I would get fired.

You said to sing Baby Bear a song, but Baby Bear loves singing so he sang along with me!!

You also said to close your ears. Now this got me thinking. How could I close my ears???? Then I realized that I could get some ear plugs from the chemist and that’s just what I did, now I can’t hear anything. 

I have now slept all night long without waking and am feeling refreshed in the mornings.

Ahhhh, peace at last!!!!

Thank you all so much for your help.


From Mr Bear
We drew pictures of Mr Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment